New Leaf v.2016

In the age of Twitter and Snapchat, traditional blogs seem so Gutenberg-ish, don't they? I mean, who has the two or three minutes it takes to link out of their Facebook feed, their Twitter timeline or their Snapchat blur to read someone's musings?

I have fallen victim to this phenomenon. I tend to pontificate on Facebook where 30 or 40 of my best friends can avail themselves of my hyper-important opinions. Ha! Talk about broadcasting! But, it is so easy to comment or post when you are right there, in the moment. If the best of my brain at that instant goes to Facebook or even Twitter, then pulling up the ol' Blogspot New Post screen seems almost quaint, like making an apple pie from scratch.

So, what to do? Is there a happy medium or an unhappy compromise? I think that I can put my comments up on my blog and keep them short enough so that they can be connected back to Facebook without losing my 'local' audience, but allow the rest of the world to swerve into it if they get lucky on Google.

I will probably also be adding a plug-in to allow Facebook comments on my blog. This seems like a win-win since friends will see the comments on their timeline and I can, hopefully, pick up some new readers.

Finally, the goal is to, as @OReillyFactor says, "keep it pithy". Some subjects cry out for detail, such as strategeries to use to repeal Obamacare, but in all actuality, most of the important things can be said pretty quickly. This should appeal to reader's short attention span and to my desire to reduce the 45-60 minutes it takes to create two minutes of reading material.

So, hang in there and let's see if I can put the wheels back on this bus. The-Asterisk coach is leaving the platform.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Change a Commercial Door Lock in 9 Easy Steps

Veeam reinstallation problem - VeeamBackup

Replacing the headlamp in your 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid