Collecting my soul

Wow, it has been a while since I blogged anything over 140 characters. As you can surmise, I have been hanging out a lot at Twitter over the past month or so. I do miss posting 'real' blog posts instead of micro-blogging, but most of my previous rants took well over 45 minutes each, since I take my rants seriously.


I created my Twitter account back in the dark days of January 2008. Can you believe that it was so long ago? I know! Me neither. But I didn't post anything else until a few months ago when I decided to dust off the old tweeter and get to it from a professional point of view, one where I put myself out there, talking about technology (my business) but also about thing that concerned me (a little bit of politics) and things that I really enjoy (like live rock concerts.)


The latter brings me to the subject of this post, which is a contest that Collective Soul (http://www.twitter.com/collective_soul) is holding.





CS has been one of my favorite groups for a long time. I have evidence as you can see from these two ticket stubs. I have seen them live several other time at festivals, where you don't usually need tickets to attend.

When I was doing the finish work on my new home back in the late 90's, many nights were spent with their first two CDs blaring on my boombox. That was WAY before the iPod was unleashed and you actually had to buy music to listen to it.




If you haven't heard of Collective Soul, check out their website at http://www.collectivesoul.com/blog/ or /http://www.collectivesoul.com/news/
. Those of you who are country music afficionados, remember that song by Dolly Parton called Shine? Yes, that was a Collective Soul song.

One of my favorite CS songs is December. Check it out here . The biggest problem with a Collective Soul concert is that they have SO many hits and favorites, that they just run out of time to play them all PLUS play their new material (which will be released on a new CD soon.)

Rather than bore you with all of the links to all of their cool stuff, just click on the link above to see their Twitter home page and click on some of the Twitter-clusive videos and pictures that I have been enjoying since I started following them in April.

Finally, I would be remiss if I did not mention that they are going on tour very soon http://www.collectivesoul.com/live/ and they will even be stopping in Norfolk, VA on July 3, 2009. I like to think that I had something to do with that decision, since Norfolk was not on their original concert list and I whined a bit to them on several tweets. That is what I like about them, the listen to their fans.

And that is the crux of why Twitter and other social media are becoming so important to artists, businesses and others: if you choose to listen and interact, the people will follow!

@randyspangler
http://www.twitter.com/randyspangler

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Change a Commercial Door Lock in 9 Easy Steps

Veeam reinstallation problem - VeeamBackup

Replacing the headlamp in your 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid