Final Thoughts Before the Election

 Today on Meet The Press, surrogates from the Clinton and the Trump campaigns were on the show. The host, Chuck Todd first spoke to John Podesta, he of WikiLeaks email fame. Chuck asked him several questions about polling, the campaign, Hillary's apparent weakness in states like Michigan and their tactics. During his answers (or non-answers, depending upon how one saw the responses), he stated as fact that Trump was a bigot, a misogynist and that his campaign was being directed by the Russian Foreign Ministry. As his segment was ending, I was thinking "Are we going to hear anything about the leaked emails?" Todd's last question was essentially "How are you feeling about having your emails leaked so that everyone can see your dirty laundry." Podesta replies, "Me, personally? Oh... I have thick skin..." Wow, now that was a tough question.

Next up was Newt Gingrich. Newt was asked similar questions and during one answer said that the nation has a clear choice between someone who reflects conservative, American values expressed through his Contract With the American Voter or a corrupt politician and her husband who will likely be indicted after the election. Todd quickly responded something to the effect that this was essentially unfounded because none of the accusations have been proven. Oh, yeah... balanced journalism.

Also during the past couple of days, Hillary has teamed up with President Obama, Bernie Sanders (what a chump), Katy Perry, Jay Z and his lovely wife Beyonce. Jay Z and Beyonce (with her backup up dancers wearing blue pantsuits) performed to around 10,000 fans who received free tickets (hell, I would have gone if I could have scored free tickets), then after the performance, many of the crowd up and left.

What was notable about Mr. and Mrs. Z performing for Mrs. Clinton was that the lyrics to Nigga in Paris, one of his top songs, goes something like this:
She said Ye can we get married at the mall?
I said look you need to crawl ‘fore you ball
Come and meet me in the bathroom stall
And show me why you deserve to have it all
Ball so hard
That shit cray (that shit cray), ain’t it Jay?
Ball so hard
What she order (what she order), fish filet
Ball so hard
Your whip so cold (whip so cold), this old thing
Ball so hard
Act like you’ll never be around motherfuckers like this again
Bougie girl, grab her hand
Fuck that bitch she don’t wanna dance
Excuse my French but I’m in France (I’m just sayin’)
Prince William’s ain’t do it right if you ask me
Cause I was him I would have married Kate & Ashley
What's Gucci my nigga?
What's Louis my killa?
What's drugs my deala?
What's that jacket, Margiela?
Doctors say I’m the illest
Cause I’m suffering from realness
Got my niggas in Paris
And they going gorillas, huh!
Granted, those lyrics were sung by Kanye West but it is Jay Z's song. Excuse me, what was it that Trump said on the bus? I am not sure if this particular song was sung at the rally, but I do know that the F-bomb and the N-word were thrown about like balloons. (Does the current Democrat Party standard for presidential candidates as expressed against Mr. Trump, mean that Mr. Z, Mr. West or any rapper for that matter no longer has a path to the White House except as the entertainment? Sounds racist to me.) I also doubt that Beyonce sang Daddy Lessons, which talks about the Second Amendment:
With his gun, with his head held high, he told me not to cry
Oh, my daddy said shoot
Oh, my daddy said shoot
With his right hand on his rifle, he swore it on the bible
My daddy said shoot
Oh, my daddy said shoot
Cause he held me in his arms and he taught me to be strong
And he told me when he's gone, "Here's what you do
When trouble comes in town and men like me come around"
Oh, my daddy said shoot
Oh, my daddy said shoot
Hey, violence never solved anything, right?

Women have been demanding equal rights since the Suffrage movement in the early 1900s and the effort really gained traction in the 1970s and 1980s. Now we have women on submarines, Special Forces and front line combat units. But let Donald Trump call a particular woman ugly or another woman (who was contractually bound to remain thin) fat, and OMG, he is offensive, disgusting and a woman hater. He states that Mexico is sending their criminals and rapists across the border into the US and he is now a racist and a bigot, nevermind the fact that "Mexican" is not a race and he never claimed that all Mexicans were rapists and criminals. No, but it fit well the narrative, which has been running continuously almost 18 months.

I could go on, but let me close with this point. Donald Trump is no saint, nor does he profess to be. As a Republican running against Hillary, he has been labeled many things, one of which is irredeemable. What ever happened to the perfectibility of the human spirit? Teddy Kennedy, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson and many other politicians have treated women like chattel. These men's greatness and place in history is never challenged by the left.With these examples, I do not need to even bring up Bill Clinton's history.

My point? Judge Trump on what he is offering and what his followers are asking for. To paint us all with the broad brush of racism, bigotry, misogyny, homophobia and being wacko gun nuts, is not only unfair and bigoted in its own right, but also cheapens the aspersions we cast upon true bigots, racists and homophobes.

We grass roots conservatives are not these things and we have much more in common with the left, in real life, than we have differences. Also, do not forget that on November 9th, we all have to live with one another. I do not know who will win, nor do I have any idea how contentious it will be, but in the end we are all Americans and like it or not,we have to get along. I am actually not worried about me getting along with liberals I come in contact with, but I am worried about our politicians and leaders doing the same. We have put such a high price on purity to whichever cause, that there is really little room for the grey areas known as being an average person.

On November 8, vote for what the candidate represents and how you think that person would act given their proven track record without all of the spin of the media. You owe it to yourself and to all of us.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Change a Commercial Door Lock in 9 Easy Steps

Veeam reinstallation problem - VeeamBackup

Replacing the headlamp in your 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid